1. Giant spider (it was nearly 5 inches across its legs) causes person to go nuts, try to kill it with a blowtorch. Successfully set spider on fire. But spider then set rest of apartment on fire. Could this happen in the Mungowitz house? Probably not, because the LMM is afraid of blowtorches. But there might very well be ax marks all over the place if a spider were to show up. Just to close the loop here, the females sometimes carry their young around. This can happen.
2. Really, Huma? You just can't pull the trigger and divorce him? D2B, I guess.
3. Like a tower defense video game come to life. Three professional soccer players against 100 children. The children are playing a 30-30-30-10 formation. Um, don't bunch up, kids. Stay spread out.
4. Florida man! Pardon, is that a full rack of ribs in your pants, or are you just glad to see me?
5. Academic big leagues? Does this advice ring true to you, old folk academics?
6. My parents (dad: upstate NY; mom: rural IN) grew up in places that at that time were not doing well economically. They could have stayed there and hoped that the government would make it possible for them to stay in those places, because...I'm not sure why it would do that, actually. Why not go somewhere else? They did. If you live in place with no economic opportunity, move. The old Sam Kinison line ("You live in a DESERT! Move to where the food is!") is unfair in Africa, because it's not possible to move. But in the U.S.? Our choices are to help people move, or to provide artificial reasons to stay in places that suck.
7. It is plausible to call Haiti a sh*thole. But if it is, it may because the U.S. dug the hole, and then sh*t in it. Further, it is plausible to call the poor parts of India a sh*thole. But by and large Indian immigrants come to the U.S., create wealth for themselves and value for everyone else. May their legion increase.
8. If you add constraints--in this case, sappy and soggy leftist views required--you limit responsiveness, adaptability, and achievement of the objective. Surprising how many people advocate diversity of hues, but not of views.
9. There are plenty of actual eugenicists in the U.S. They were called "Progressives."
10. I predict that this Florida man will NOT have a life of joy. We all want to be the lottery winner, but it's not really that fun, I bet. That's what I'm telling myself: I would hate to get $282 million in cash when I was 20. That's what I'm telling myself. Hate it, I would.
11. Enacting rituals to improve self-control.
12. You can't wear a p**syhat to protest Trump's comments, because it might offend people who don't have...well....p**sies? His comment was about women who DO have those things, and there are lots of those people. Not every protest has to be intersectional. WTF?
13. If California is so rich, why is it so poor?
14. Canada has its limits....
15, Of crudeness and truth....
16. If it's on Amazon, it must be real. Should ship in March!
The Grand Lagniappe: I think they are taking this whole "shovel ready project" thing too far.... Or else they just wanted to take the "fork in the road" up a notch.